Introduction

Sunday, June 9, 2013

MORRAINE HILLS

 
 
    Another Sunday morning and a new plan for our weekly walk..  This Sunday it was breakfast at 8 am and then a short digestive period and then off on the road trip to see if my fantastic wife could figure out where we were going.  The first set of hints really didn't help her, but the route brought out a few questions.  Ahter about a half hour travel time she seemed to have a couple of ideas were we were going. As we neared our distination I had to give in and tell her it was Morraine Hills Stae Park in McHenry County.
   
    Because we haven't been there in a long long time we found it very very intertesting, especially since we had never walked or rider (may moons ago) this trail.
 
     I decided we need a challenge so I picked the 3.2 mile Leatherleaf Bog Trail.  Unfortunately, I was no sure wear it started (even though I had a map) so it added about .75 miles to our walk.  At the end we added baout another half mile because the boradwalk we decided to take a small side trip on was closed after about a quarter mile so we ended up back tracking.  That said we covered about 4.5 miles.  Needless to say we were slightly tired as we reach our base parking lot. 
 
     We once again did not really prepare very well as we forgot to bring our own bottled water and for some very unexplicable reason the park had none of the water fountains turned on at any of the recreation areas, ( I did stop at the office and comlpain about this, you know me.)
 
     So with that sai here is a video recap.
 
 

 
As I said it turned in to more than the sign says because I wasn't very good with directions.


 
Leatherleaf Bog view (the first of many)


 
The signs speak for themselves.































 
We made it and didn't get lost.

 
Complaint department---And I used it.
 
 
 
    
 
     

No comments: